Monday, August 30, 2010

the coolest bathroom in the world...

Wow. 
Is summer break really over already? 

Where did it go?
How did it happen so fast?
Did I accomplish anything in the past three months?
What was I doing all summer long?

Oh yeah.
Now I remember...
Teamed up with my trusty, handy, super-hot, husband,
We turned this...




Into this...



Okay, seriously...scroll back up and look at that disgusting-ness again.
Dis.freaking.usting.
And it's not like we just didn't clean it. We did! A lot! It wouldn't get clean!

The floors were damaged from water and the super-cute-blue-checkered-linoleum was curling at the edges. We could only go two days after a good, deep clean before mildewy grossness started creeping up in all the corners because there was no air flow whatsoever. Unless you count the exhaust fan that, when you flipped the switch, would do nothing, not even turn on, for at least a good ten minutes. When you went to turn it off however, it kept running for maybe an hour. 

And our toilet seat...uffda! 
What an embarrassingly noisy cushioned disaster that was...
*Sit*...Poof! fsssssssssshhh!

But this...ahhhhhh...



Can't you just smell the lavender from the bath salts you know I'm gonna toss in there tonight??

So, anyway, before I make you too jealous...
That was our summer. 
We literally tore out our bathroom. Top to bottom.
Floors, walls, ceilings, plumbing, electrical, all completely redone, and all by ourselves with help from family. It was so much work, and I was so not expecting it to be that hard. In retrospect, I have no idea why I didn't think it would be that hard. But when the insulation and plaster were falling down into our eyes, and I was dodging hundred year old nails because I haven't had a tetanus in twenty years, I wanted to cry and wish it all away. I wanted to just close off the unfinished room, forget that we even started it and live with the fact that we would have to continue using this as our restroom...


(This is a toilet that is located in our freaky, creepy basement. We had to use this for almost three weeks.)

It really was miserable.

But, now it's over, and I'm happy.
Stay tuned for pictures of our temporary "shower" and a few embarrassing moments starring yours truly.

How the heck was your summer?

10 comments:

  1. OMG THAT LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING I WOULD SEE ON THOSE INTERRIOR DESIGN SHOWS ON BRAVO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow!!! That looks awesome!!! I LOVE it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Aleigh! I STILL can't believe you guys looked at this house before you bought yours, that is so funny to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous!! Also, even more fabulous... YOU'RE BACK! :) (I missed your writing)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to need you to come to Alaska please, because that is just incredible! You are incredible! And I would like to hire you and your hubby immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely GREEN with jealousy! It is beyond FABULOUS! Although I don't know how you parted with the "before} sink....{HA!}

    And honestly, I would have peed outside by a bush than use the basement bathroom. Crrrrreeeeepy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So amazing!! Nice job! One day I'll have a house to be able to do this stuff to. I found you via Blog Frog tonight from the live chat. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an amazing transformation! Do you do extreme makeovers on bodies too? I could really do with an overhaul!

    ReplyDelete