Wednesday, April 28, 2010

spring...

It's here.


The time of year for tulips, bike riding, and laundry drying in the breeze.
Muddy, sloppy paws that lull the mop out of it's corner for an almost daily debut.
Freckles peek out from pale hibernation to greet the sun.
Rings adorn my toes.
I cut through the soft grass in my sandals instead of staying on the sidewalk.
Lena snacks on butterflies and bumble bees.
Open windows sweep out the stale, wintered air.
Husband spends most evenings in the garage, creating, organizing, inventing.
I stretch out on the lawn chair with a good book.
Sip iced tea and lemonade.
Breathe. 
Deep.



We top off the bird feeder and I ask my husband, 
"How do the birds know where to find the food?"

He shrugs.
"I don't know, word of mouth?"

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!
    See, this is why you MUST, MUST continue to blog. This right here. Beautiful, funny, and I love your photography. I could read something you wrote or look at something you photo'd every day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I agree!

    I love reading both your and Veronika's blogs.

    ReplyDelete